No more nasty drive-thru tacos. Make this delicious cauliflower mushroom walnut vegan taco meat. Low-fat, easy to make, healthy, and ready in 20 minutes.
People look at cauliflower like the unpopular 2nd cousin of broccoli. They wanna hate cause it’s always the last thing left on the veggie tray at a party. Well, that is no longer the case.
Cauliflower just got jacked and it’s ready to open up a BIG ole can of whoop ass!
All you need to make this vegan taco dream a reality is about 20 minutes, a head of cauliflower, some mushrooms and a few spices.
I know it doesn’t sound like much right now. But, this cauliflower mushroom walnut vegan taco meat is a meatless miracle.
Start off by “ricing” a small head of cauliflower. If you’re wondering, ricing is just a fancy term for “put it in a food processor and chop it up.”
But, because I’m all about convenience and simplicity I just buy a bag of already riced cauliflower.
Next, throw all your ingredients into the food processor and blend together.
You could wait to add your spices when you’re actually cooking, but I like blending everything together. This way everything gets all “mushed” up and the flavor is really embedded into the dish.
Cauliflower Mushroom Walnut Vegan Taco Meat
Once everything is blended, it’s time to throw it in a pan and cook!
Some recipes call for baking in the oven, but I like cooking it on the stove top. I just heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat and cook the cauliflower mushroom walnut vegan taco meat for a few minutes.
Let’s start building the tacos! Simply dress them up like you would regular tacos. Not rocket science.
I love topping mine with lettuce, salsa, a little guacamole and my Vegan Cashew Sour Cream! If you want to keep the fat down a bit just leave off the guacamole and use my Easy Vegan Tofu Sour Cream instead. Still delicious!
If you want healthy taco shells like the ones you see in the photos, it’s very simple.
Just preheat your oven to 350 degrees, drape the corn tortillas over the oven rack, and bake them for 10-15 minute or until you start to see them brown just a bit.
I have no doubt this Cauliflower Mushroom Walnut Vegan Taco Meat will make your all your taco dreams come true. It’s…
- Easy to make
- Ready in 20 minutes
- & Absolutely Delicious!
This dish is the perfect dinner for the weekend or weekday. It’s wholesome, healthy, and quick. And, one batch makes 8-10 tacos!
And, if cauliflower ain’t your thing you can try my Chipotle Chickpea Tacos.
Did you make this Cauliflower Mushroom Walnut Vegan Taco Meat? Be sure and let me know! Leave a comment, RATE IT, and tag a photo #shaneandsimple on Instagram. Happy Fall, everyone!
Adapted from Pinch Of Yum.Print
Cauliflower Mushroom Walnut Vegan Taco meat. Easy, delicious, healthy, and ready in as little as 2o minutes.
- 1 12-ounce bag of riced cauliflower or one small head of cauliflower
- 4–5 chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 3 Tbs low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, diced or minced
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce from chipotle pepper can
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper for a little heat (optional)
- Preheat large nonstick skillet on medium high heat
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you get a “ground beef consistency and everything is well combined.
- Pour mixture into skillet and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low-medium and cook for another 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and season as you go in order to fit your taste.
- Remove from heat and build tacos with corn or flour tortillas and favorite toppings.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: tacos, dinner, vegan, plant-based, healthy