- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium or no salt added chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 stalk of celery cut in half length-wise and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- Pinch of salt & pepper
For The Sandwich
- 2 slices regular whole wheat bread
- Romaine or green leaf lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Rinse and drain chickpeas; place in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher, leaving a few of the beans whole.
- Add the tahini, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, green onion, celery, and sweet relish to the chickpeas and mix until everything is well combined.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the chickpea salad onto one piece of bread
- Add lettuce, tomato, and more Dijon (if you prefer) to the second slice.
- Put them together and make a sandwich.
The salad will keep for 4-5 days in the fridge.
Feel free to add whatever toppings you wish. The ones in the recipe are my favorites, but get creative and build your own. Pssst…avocado works really well with this recipe
Keywords: sandwich, lunch, vegan, healthy, quick, easy