A damn good tofu scramble that is simple, hearty, savory, healthy and comes together in less than 20 minutes. Vegan, plant-based, and oil-free!
- 1 14 oz. box firm or extra firm tofu (NOT SILKEN)
- 1 cup fresh spinach (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos. If you don’t have Bragg’s (you can use low-sodium tamari or soy sauce.)
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar (If you don’t have coconut sugar, use 1-2 tbsp. maple syrup)
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Crumble tofu by hand into large mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients, except for spinach & onion, into bowl with tofu and mix well.
- Once skillet is hot, chop onion and cook for about two minutes. Cook just enough to soften the onions. If you’re worried about the onion sticking, add a couple tablespoons of water to the pan.
- Add tofu mixture and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach is soft.
- Plate and enjoy!