Easy Vegan Barbecue Baked Beans. Cooked in a delicious homemade BBQ sauce that’s rich, tangy, sweet, smoky and delicious.
- 3 15-ounce cans low-sodium or no salt added cannellini or pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups Easy Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1–2 tsp. liquid smoke
- Preheat medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and 2-3 Tbsp. of water or veggie stock for cooking to the pan. Cook until onions are a little soft. Usually about 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add beans, BBQ Sauce, and liquid smoke. Stir until beans are completely coated and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: barbecue, baked beans, vegan, picnic, plant-baed