Easy Pickled Vegetables are a great way to add extra flavor to any meal. Perfect for topping sandwiches, carrot dogs, salads, and veggies burgers. They’re even great as a side dish! Salty, sweet, tangy, and super simple to make.
- 2 medium sized carrots cut into strips
- 12–14 radishes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 cup of rice vinegar
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. of sweetener (maple syrup, organic cane sugar, SUCANAT)
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pack each of the veggies into individual 8-oz. glass jars.
- Mix togetether all the pickling ingredients until the salt and sweetener have dissolved. At this point taste the liquid and adjust flavor to your liking. To make it more tangy add vinegar. If you want it sweeter add a little more sweetenter. And, to make it more savory add a little salt.
- Fill each jar to the top with the pickling liquid.
- Attach the lids to the jars and let pickled veggies sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. But, they are best when they’ve had a chance to sit and pickle for serveral hours.
- Enjoy on top your favorite veggie burger, salad, carrot dog, or simply as side dish.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pickling
- Cuisine: Viatnamese
Keywords: toppings, pickled veggies, side dish, pickled vegetables, refrigerator pickles, quick pickles, quick pickled veggies