EASY vegan chickpea curry recipe with Indian spices that is super easy to make. One pot and ready in as little as 10 minutes. Naturally vegan, oil-free, and low in fat.
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- 1 tsp. dried ginger
- 1 14- ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14- ounce can of low sodium or no salt added chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- While pan is heating combine curry powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, and ginger into a small bowl and whisk together.
- Once pan is heated add onions and garlic along with a couple Tbsp. of water. Cook until onions are soft. Usually, just a couple minutes.
- Sprinkle the dry spice mixture over the onions and garlic. Mix well until spice mixture covers onions. Let cook for about a minute. Adding a little water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, almond milk and stir well to combine. Let simmer for a couple minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low heat. Add maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Simmer for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice or by itself as a soup.
*If you like your curry a little thicker, combine 1 Tbsp. arrowroot flour with 2 Tbsp. water. Mix into a slurry and stir in to the curry at the end of cooking.
*This is ready to eat immediately, but the longer you let it simmer, the more the flavors will settle. If you can wait, let it sit over night and reheat the next day. AMAZING!
- Category: main
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 8.5
- Sodium: 131
- Fat: 2.6
- Saturated Fat: 0.2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25.9
- Fiber: 4.6
- Protein: 5.5
- Cholesterol: 0