The BEST Grilled Marinated Tofu recipe. It’s easy to make, oil-free, and delicious. It’s great for making sandwiches, serveing or rice, or a great compliment to a side of steamed veggies.
- 1 block extra firm tofu (NOT Silken)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium or tamari sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced or 1 Tbsp already minced garlic
- Drain tofu and press for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Use a tofu press or wrap in a cloth and set something heavy on top like a cast iron skillet.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl, mix well, and set aside while tofu is being pressed.
- Slice the tofu into eight 3/4″ strips and place in an airtight container or large freezer bag. Pour the marinade over the tofu, seal the container, and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 20-30 minutes. But, allowing it to sit overnight is best and will give you maximum flavor.
- Heat a non-stick grill pan over medium heat, add the tofu to the pan, and cook for about 3 minutes per side or until the tofu has browned and charred a bit.
- Remove from pan and enjoy! It goes great on sandwiches or served with rice.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan, protein, healthy, no oil, grill, easy