A simple, fresh and delicious marinara sauce that is perfect for pizza or pasta. 7 ingredients, less than 10 minutes to make, no oil, and fat-free.
- 2 28 oz. can of low-sodium crushed tomatoes. Or (if you like your sauce a little chunky, use 1 can crushed tomatoes and 1 can diced tomatoes.)
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (adjust according to spice preference)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and simmer over medium to medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for another 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over your favorite pasta or use for pizza sauce.
This is the perfect recipe to top with my Plant-Based Parmesan.
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Italian