These Quick Pickled Vegetables are a great way to add extra flavor to any meal and use up any leftover produce. They’re a delicious topping for sandwiches, salads, or on their own as a side dish.
You’re not going to believe how easy it is to make pickled veggies. I know. It seems impossible because grandma always spent 23 hours canning beets. Poor grandma. It won’t take you that long. All you will need is about 30 minutes and 6 simple ingredients.
These Easy Pickled Vegetables are the perfect blend of salty, sweet, and crunchy. Ready? Let’s make’em!
How Do You Make Quick Pickled Vegetables
You can use whatever veggies you prefer. But, my favorite is red onion, carrots, and radishes. The combination of flavors is so good and they go with just about anything.
It’s easy! First, chop your veggies.
Place the chopped vegetables in individual 8-ounce jars. You can combine them all in one larger container, but I like to keep them separate.
Mix the pickling liquid and fill each jar to the top. Screw the lid on tight and let your veggies pickle in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. But, the longer you let them marinate the better.
You can store these quick pickled veggies in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
How Do I Serve Quick Pickled Vegetables
These quick pickled vegetables are great on top of…
- My Vegan Carrot Hot Dogs
- Cheesy Vegan Grits Bowl with BBQ Soy Curls & Kale
- This Quinoa Black Bean Summer Salad
- My Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Your favorite veggie burger
Can I Pickle Other Vegetables
Yes, absolutely! If you’re trying to figure out what to do with all that extra produce…PICKLE IT! This easy vegetable brine recipe is great for…
- Green Beans
You’re going to love these Quick Pickled Vegetables. They’re…
- Quick and easy to make
- Perfect for topping salads and sandwiches
- Super delicious
How Long Do Pickled Veggies Keep?
These pickled veggies will last up to 1 month refrigerated.
Try These Other Vegetable Recipes
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Cabbage
- Instant Pot Vegan Chili
- Holiday Oven Roasted Vegetables
If you make this recipe, be sure and let me know! Leave a comment, RATE IT, and tag a photo #shaneandsimple on Instagram.Print
Easy Pickled Vegetables are a great way to add extra flavor to any meal. Perfect for topping sandwiches, carrot dogs, salads, and veggies burgers. They’re even great as a side dish! Salty, sweet, tangy, and super simple to make.
- 2 medium sized carrots cut into strips
- 12–14 radishes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Pack each of the veggies into individual 8-oz. glass jars.
- Mix together all the pickling ingredients until the salt and sweetener have dissolved. At this point taste the liquid and adjust flavor to your liking. To make it more tangy add vinegar. If you want it sweeter add a little more sweetenter. And, to make it more savory add a little salt.
- Fill each jar to the top with the pickling liquid.
- Attach the lids to the jars and let pickled veggies sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. But, they are best when they’ve had a chance to sit and pickle for several hours.
- Enjoy on top your favorite veggie burger, salad, carrot dog, or simply as side dish.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pickling
- Cuisine: Viatnamese
Keywords: toppings, pickled veggies, side dish, pickled vegetables, refrigerator pickles, quick pickles, quick pickled veggies