This Quinoa Black Bean Summer Salad is super hearty. Great as a meal or served with a main dish. It’s vegan, gluten free, loaded with protein, low-fat, and ready in 20 minutes! Less if you have leftover quinoa in the fridge.
For The Salad
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 15- ounce can low sodium or no salt added black beans
- 3/4 cup corn (fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (cooled)
- 1 5- ounce bag (or about 2–3 handfuls, Spring Mix salad (or any other favorite salad greens)
Southwest Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar (or you can use lemon juice if you prefer)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Make dressing by adding all ingredients to a small and stirring well to combine. If you need it a little thinner, add a Tbsp. of water at a time. Set aside.
- Dice bell peppers and onion and add to large bowl.
- Roughly chop cilantro and add to peppers and onions.
- Add black beans and corn and mix well.
- Add in your salad greens and toss well.
- Finally, add the quinoa and toss once more.
- When you’re ready to eat, drizzle with Southwest Tahini Sauce and enjoy!
*Nutrition info does not include tahini dressing.
- Category: Entree, Side