Creamy Homemade Vegan mashed potatoes made with my Cashew Sour Cream. Super creamy, simple to make, healthy, and absolutely delicious.
- 6–8 Russet potatoes
- 1 cup Shane & Simple Cashew Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened plant milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- Salt to taste
- Peel potatoes (or not if you prefer to leave the skins on…totally acceptable), and roughly chop into small chunks.
- Place in large pot and cover with water. Bring water to boil then reduce to medium-high heat and gently boil for 10-20 minutes, or until tender enough to pierce with a fork.
- When potatoes are done cooking, drain water and add to the bowl of your KitchenAid or stand mixer. Lightly mash with potato masher.
- Place whisk attachment onto mixer, add all remaining ingredients to potatoes, and whisk for a couple minutes for lumpier potatoes. For smoother, creamier potatoes whisk a little longer until you reach your desired consistency.
- Top with Easy Vegan Brown Gravy and crush like a boss.
You can leave the Cashew Sour Cream out to reduce the fat and they still taste great. You can also use my Easy Vegan Tofu Sour Cream as well.
- Category: Side