This vegan Tofu Bacon is amazing! It’s meaty, savory, crispy, chewy, and a little sweet. A delicious high-protein alternative to meat that’s perfect for breakfast or making the best vegan BLT.
- 1 16-ounce block super firm tofu. I like Wildwood Organic Super Firm. You can also use a 14-ounce block of extra firm tofu.
- Remove the super firm tofu from the package and pat dry with a paper towel. If you are using regular extra firm tofu be sure and press for at least 20 minutes.
- Slice the tofu into 1/8″ rectangles (photos above) and place in a shallow bowl or a conatiner where the tofu will just fit.
- Whisk together the marinade in a small bowl and pour over the tofu slices. Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least an hour. But, for maximum flavor overnight is best.
- When you’re ready to cook preheat the oven to 375 degress and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the marinated tofu slices evenly on the baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes. Remove and gently flip the tofu, baste with some of the leftover marinade, and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add several strips of the tofu bacon to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes per side basting with more of the leftover marinade. Repeat until you’ve cooked all the tofu bacon strips.
- Serve immediately.
To reheat simply pop it back in the oven for a few minutes. However, you can wrap this up and set at room temperature.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: tofu bacon, fakin bacon recipe, plant-based breakfast, vegan recipes, plant-based recipes, WFPB