Vegan jumbo pasta shells stuffed with wonderfully creamy and cheesy tofu ricotta. This vegan stuffed shells recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser for both vegans and omnivores.
- 1 box of gluten-free jumbo shell pasta or jumbo shell pasta of choice
- 1 26-ounce jar of oil-free pasta sauce, marinara sauce, or 3 cups of homemade marinara
- 1 14-ounce block firm tofu or extra firm tofu (NOT SILKEN)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen chopped spinach (does not have to be thawed)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried parsely
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees ˚F.
- Cook the pasta shells according to the package instructions.
- Make the Tofu Ricotta: Crumble the tofu by hand and add it to a food processor along with all the other ingredients. Pulse 7-8 times until everything is well combined and looks like ricotta. Stop and scrape the sides as needed. If you prefer a smooth and creamy texture simply process more until you get the texture you prefer.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce evenly on the bottom of either a 9×13 baking dish or 8×8 baking dish.
- Fill each pasta shell with 1-2 heaping Tbsp of the tofu ricotta. Place the shells open side up in the baking dish and continue until you’ve used all the ricotta filling.
- Pour the remaining suace over the shells and bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling.
- Remove and serve immediately with my Plant-based Parmesan sprinkled on top (optional)
Nutrition info is counted using store-bought sauce.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan, Italian
Keywords: Italian, vegan Italian, plant-based, vegan pasta dish, vegan stuffed shells, tofu ricotta, stuffed jumbo shells