The BEST Vegan Mozzarella Cheese recipe is chewy, stretchy, and melts just like the real thing. Best of all, it’s completely healthy, plant-based, and so easy to make. Perfect for pizza, grilled cheese, or your favorite pasta bake.
- Boil cashews for 5 minutes or soak in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and process until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a nonstick skillet or small saucepan and stir constantly over medium heat until it starts to thick and looks like melted mozzarella cheese.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you don’t have cashews blanched almonds are a good sub. You will want to boil or soak them as well.
Place vegan mozzarella in a freezer-safe container and store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week.
Use ONLY tapioca flour. You WILL NOT get the same stretchy and gooey texture with cornstarch or arrowroot starch.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 54
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 148 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan cheese, plant-based, vegan mozzarella, easy vegan cheese, stretchy, melty, gooey, vegan pizza cheese