Shane & Simple
Who is Shane Martin? I’m just your average, ordinary guy who makes plant-based cooking casual, easy, and delicious. I don’t use fancy equipment and I don’t use fancy “chef speak” I’m a normal dude who loves to cook and eat good food that happens to be completely plant-based.
The recipes I share with you were never made for this blog, the blog was made for the recipes. I’m passionate about sharing things that have changed my life. Everything you see on Shane & Simple is what I make in my own kitchen for my wife and my five kids – I’m pretty passionate about them as well.
You’re NOT going to find any recipes showing you how to cook things like chocolate balsamic glazed beets with wild shiitake mushrooms in some kind of fancy rhubarb and strawberry glaze. My mission is to create recipes that are straight-up easy, delicious, practical, plant-based, and vegan.
Many call themselves “recipe developers”, but I prefer to call myself a “recipe adaptor.” I don’t make vegan food – I make food vegan. I’m a guy who takes the complicated and makes it easy, healthy and accessible for you. ~Shane Martin
Healthy food shouldn’t suck or be complicated! I use ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen or can get at the grocery store. From there, it’s just a few simple steps and BOOM! There are tons of food blogs out there with much fancier recipes with fancier names, using fancier ingredients, cooking on fancier equipment and that’s cool. But, that ain’t me. Shane & Simple is a food blog for “the rest of us.”
What Kind Of Recipes Do I Find Here?
Here you will find popular meals and decadent desserts made vegan and healthy using practical, nourishing, and everyday ingredients. These meals are guaranteed to please picky kids and meat-eaters!
Here are a few my most popular recipes:
- Vegan Chickpea Meatloaf
- Easy Vegan Chickpea Curry
- Classic Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Hummus
- The Best Vegan Taco Meat
- Easy Instant Pot Cabbage
What Else Will I Find On Shane & Simple
My eBook: The 5 Day Plant-Based Kickstart included recipes and a detailed shopping list. It’s perfect if you are new to a whole foods, vegan diet or wondering how to get started.
Here are a few of my favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Vegan Chili
- Sweet Chili Garlic Instant Pot Noodles
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Apple Butter
Are Shane & Simple recipes hard to make?
- The recipes you will find at Shane & Simple are practical, easy, and not complicated. The ingredients in my recipes are things you probably already have in your pantry. My goal and mission is to create recipes that are easy, oil-free, delicious, and healthy.
Is A Plant-Based Diet Expensive?
- No, it’s actually affordable and thrifty for the most part. That being said, if you start buying fake meats and specialty processed vegan crap at Whole Foods then, yes, it will get expensive very quick. Beans, grains, and potatoes are extremely affordable and cheap compared to meat and dairy.
Does Shane & Simple Require Special Ingredients or Appliances?
- Almost all of the ingredients in my recipes are things you probably already have in your pantry. You will, from time to time, see specialty items such as arrowroot powder and tapioca starch; Butler Soy Curls, and tofu. But, other than that, it’s just easy wholesome ingredients you can buy anywhere from Piggly Wiggly to Whole Foods.
- I would say the only “special” appliances I use would be my Instant Pot, Vitamix, and tofu press. But, if interested in what I use and recommend you can see them in 25 Kitchen Essentials Under $25 and 20 Kitchen Must-Haves For Healthy Vegan Oil-Free Cooking.
Are All Shane & Simple Recipes Gluten-Free
- No, but there are some that are naturally gluten-free. However, the ones that are not can usually be made gluten-free by easily substituting 1 or 2 ingredients.
Can I Find You On Social Media
You can also subscribe to Shane & Simple and get email updates with my latest recipes. As a “THANK YOU!” you’ll get my free eBook, 7 Tips To Succeeding On A Plant-Based Diet when you subscribe.
A Few Of My Favorite Things
Favorite Food: Thai, Indian
Favorite Restaurants in Charlotte: First things first, eating out should ALWAYS be the exception and NEVER, EVER the rule because you can never eat completely WFPB (whole foods, plant-based) while you’re out. But, on occasion, it’s nice to know there are some viable, “plant-friendly” options whenever friends or family are in town. These are some of our favorite places here in Charlotte, N.C.
- Raw Vegan: Living Kitchen
- Coffee & Pastries: Sunflour Baking Company (not a vegan store, but provides great vegan options)
- Fresh, Hand-Crafted, Local: Fern, Flavors From the Garden
- Thai: Thai Orchid
Favorite Meal: Breakfast, without question!
Favorite Thing To Make: All of it!