The BEST vegan stuffed mushrooms! They’re easy to make, fat-free, and super tasty. Tender mushrooms packed with savory veggie filling, these stuffed mushrooms are a definite crowd-pleaser.
- 12 large white button mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, or baby portobello mushrooms (baby bella mushrooms)
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs (you can also use whole-wheat breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions (about 1 small onion)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup of chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup of chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: feel free to add any of your favorite herbs and spices to the vegetable mixture. This recipe is super versatile when it comes to flavor.
- First, preheat your oven to 375°F. Next, remove the mushroom stems with a paring knife, gently create a small well in the center of the mushroom, and set them aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onions, bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, and spinach along with any spices or herbs to the pan and cook until the vegetables are tender, usually about 5 minutes.
- Once the vegetables have cooked add them to a food processor with the nutritional yeast. Pulse several times, stopping to scrape down the sides if needed, until the mixture looks like stuffing.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, and combine the cooked vegetables with the breadcrumbs then taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps, filling each cap until it’s overflowing.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet, sprinkle with more panko breadcrumbs for crunch, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the stuffing is crispy and golden brown.
- Serve hot with vegan ranch dressing or your favorite sauce.
Place leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for 3-4 days. When you’re ready to enjoy the mushrooms simply reheat the stuffed mushrooms in a 350˚F oven for 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 3 mushrooms
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 49.5 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 6.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan stuffed mushrooms, vegan appetizers, plant-based appetizers, gluten-free, grain-free