Blackened Roasted Cauliflower Steaks are the perfect plant-based main or side dish. Requiring just 30 minutes and 3 ingredients, these steaks are easy to make, vegan, crisp-tender, satisfying, and full of intense flavor.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- blackened seasoning (I used my DIY recipe)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup + 1 Tbsp water (mixed)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cauliflower into 3/4″-1″ steaks. You should be able to get 2-3 really good steaks from one cauliflower. Save the leftover pieces and side pieces and roast them with the steaks.
- Place the cauliflower steaks on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Rub them evenly on both sides with the maple syrup mixture and blackened seasoning. Be gentle as the cauliflower can break apart when turning. It’s not the end of the world but the goal is to keep the “steaks” in one piece.
- Bake for 25 minutes, carefully flip them over halfway through, sprinkle with more seasoning if you desire, and continue roasting until they are blackened and tender.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in a 350˚ oven or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
There are so many options when it comes to serving Roasted Cauliflower Steaks. They’re excellent with a simple green salad, your favorite veggies, or you can even turn it into an amazing sandwich.
How To Cut Cauliflower Steaks
- Use a paring knife to remove the outer leaves. Then, use a chef’s knife to trim off the stem even with the cauliflower head.
- Place the cauliflower stem side down on the cutting board.
- Slice the cauliflower in half by cutting right through the center.
- Now cut one or two 3/4″ – 1″ thick slices from each half. Save all the extra florets from the ends to roast and enjoy as a snack or on top of a salad.
Keywords: cauliflower steak, cauliflower steak recipe, baked cauliflower steaks, roasted cauliflower slices