This copycat Boar’s Head Sweet Chili Garlic Hummus recipe is totally irresistible. Sriracha, maple syrup, and garlic create the perfect combination of hot, tangy, and sweet! Oil-free, gluten-free, and vegan!
- Drain the chickpeas and save the juice for adding at the end of the recipe.
- NOTE: Reserve at least 3-4 Tbsp of chickpea liquid to use during blending.
- Place the garlic into the food processor and chop it up until it’s fairly fine.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, vinegar, Sriracha, maple syrup, and 1-2 Tbsp of the chickpea liquid and blend until everything is smooth and creamy. Stop and scrape down the sides and bottom of the food processor if needed.
- NOTE: If you desire a thinner consistency add 1 Tbsp of the chickpea liquid at a time while blending.
- Taste and season with salt as needed then process once to combine.
- Serve with healthy crackers, whole wheat pita, veggies, bowls, or burgers.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
Place leftovers in a covered container and store it in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
You can freeze hummus for up to 3 months, however the less time it spends in the freezer the better. It can lose flavor and texture over time in the freezer.
Taste and adjust the seasonings as you like. Add more sriracha for heat, maple syrup for sweetness, or vinegar for more zing and brightness.
Sweet Chili Garlic Hummus is better once it has been refrigerated because it will thicken up and the flavors become more instense. (my personal preference)
This hummus recipe is much lower in fat than what you find in the store. But, you can leave out the tahini if you desire.
- Serving Size: 3 Tbsp
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 119.9 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: boar's head sweet chili garlic hummus, sweet chili garlic hummus recipe, oil-free hummus, easy plant-based recipes, easy vegan recipes, plant-based appetizers