Buffalo Chickpea Cauliflower Casserole is so easy to make and requires just 10 simple ingredients. Vegan and gluten-free, this is a spicy hearty dinner that’s full of protein and fiber and absolutely delicious!
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup vegan buffalo sauce (I like Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 heaping Tbsp of cornstarch
- (2) 15-ounce cans low-sodium or no salt added chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower cut into bite-size florets
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 cup of brown rice (uncooked)
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F.
- To a large mixing bowl add the vegetable broth, buffalo sauce, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and onion powder. Whisk until everything is well combined. Then slowly add the cornstarch and whisk until completely incorporated into the sauce. Set aside.
- Spread the chickpeas into the bottom of a 9×13 casserole baking dish then top with the cauliflower and celery. Evenly sprinkle the uncooked brown rice on top of everything. Finally, pour the buffalo sauce over the entire dish. Use a wooden spoon if needed to make sure all of the rice is completely covered by the sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil, place on the center rack, and bake for 1 hour. Remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Top with vegan ranch dressing and enjoy!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.7 g
- Fiber: 9.1 g
- Protein: 12.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg