Super simple cranberry sauce recipe made with fresh cranberries, maple syrup, and orange juice! Delicious and fat-free.
- Rinse cranberries. Pick out all the nasty, squishy ones. Blah.
- To a medium sauce pan add cranberries, water and maple syrup. Bring to boil over medium-high heat and cook for 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally!!!
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add orange juice and let cook until the cranberries pop and mixture thickens. Usually, about 10-12 minutes. REMEMBER TO STIR OCCASIONALLY!
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking. But, don’t over sweeten. Cranberry sauce is supposed to be a little tart not a sugar blob.
- Store in a container and chill for a couple hours in the fridge before serving. For best result, let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 43
- Sugar: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 1.8 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan, cranberry sauce, side, thanksgiving, holiday, winter, fall