These Crunchy Baked Onion Rings are awesome! You only need 5-ingredients and about 30 minutes. They are golden brown, crunchy, healthy, and absolutely delicious. They’re also baked and not fried.
2 large yellow onion, sliced in rings about 1/4″.
FOR THE BATTER
- 2/3 cup unsweetened plant milk of choice
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (this also works with chickpea flour or oat flour)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (make sure they are vegan)
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Add batter ingredients to bowl and mix until well combine and batter is smooth.
- In a separate bow, add “dry mix” and whisk to combine.
- Using a fork, dip raw onion ring into batter until entire onion is covered. Shake a few times and allow access to drain off.
- Transfer onion ring to bowl with breadcrumbs and coat evenly.
- Place onto baking pan and repeat until all onion rings are finished.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until onion rings are golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove from oven and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 63.5 mg
- Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: onion rings, side, snack, crunchy, healthy, vegan