This Easy Black Beans Recipe is fast, delicious, and so easy to make. Made in one pot and with only 6 ingredients, this recipe is sure to be a go-to for family dinners.
- (2) 15-ounce cans of low sodium or no salt added black beans (1 can drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Preheat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and let cook for about 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the garlic powder and cumin evenly over the onions, give a quick stir, and cook for 1 minute. Now, add the chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce and stir to combine with the onion mixture. Let cook for a few seconds.
- Drain and rinse one can of the black beans and add to the saucepan. Then, add the second can of black beans, juice and all, and stir until everything is well combined. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. You basically are just letting the beans get hot.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can store any leftovers in a shallow airtight container or resealable plastic bag. The black beans will last for a week in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 2.6 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.8 g
- Fiber: 7.9 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: easy black bean recipe, black bean recipes vegan, black bean recipe, easy black beans, 1-Pot black beans, black beans vegetarian