A delicious Easy Skillet Green Bean recipe. Fresh green beans roasted with savory garlic and just a pinch of red pepper flakes. It’s one amazing healthy holiday side dish. And, you only need 1 pan and 4 ingredients. Vegan, gluten-free & oil-free.
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic or 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Preheat nonstick pan over medium high heat.
- While the pan is heating up wash and rinse the green beans. Then, trim off the stems and any rough ends.
- Once the pan is ready toss in the red pepper flakes and let them toast for just a few seconds. Then, add the green beans and cook until you see them start to char and brown in places. Usually about 8-10 minutes. Be sure and stir often. You can add 1-2 Tbsp of water or extra veggie broth if needed to prevent sticking.
- Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper, stir to combine everything and let cook until the garlic begins to slightly brown. This should take less than a minute.
- Pour in the low-sodium vegetable broth then cover and let cook for just a minute or two.
- Serve immediately. This dish is best served when fresh. Leftover skillet green beans can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days, but not the freezer. To reheat simply microwave or toss into skillet over medium heat.
I like my green beans really charred so I tend to let them cook a little longer. But, that is simply my preference and indicated by the photos.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 43
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 15.7 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.6 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: green beans, skillet green beans, vegan, plant-based, holiday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, vegan side dish, healthy recipes, oil-free