Easy vegan Thai noodle salad with homemade peanut dressing. A healthy and tasty main dish or a great side for cookouts and potlucks. Vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Thai Noodle Salad
- 12 ounces dry noodles (brown rice noodles, linguini, soba noodles, pad thai rice noodles)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded or grated carrot
- 1 cup edamame (defrosted if needed)
- 4 green onions, chopped
For the Peanut Dressing
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter (ingredients should be peanuts and a little salt)
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- Crushed peanuts
- Chopped cilantro
- Sesame seeds
- Bean sprouts
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Slice the red bell pepper into long thin strips and shred or grate the cabbage and carrots.
- Once the pasta has finished cooking, rinse it with cold water and add it to a large bowl. Then, add in the veggies and toss until everything is well combined.
- Pour half of the peanut sauce over the pasta and mix together. Taste and continue adding the peanut sauce as you desire. If you don’t use all the sauce simply cover and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts, or sesame seeds
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 189.8 mg
- Fat: 8.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan thai noodle salad, easy plant-based recipes, vegan potlucks, asian inspired