Dairy-free, nut-free, creamy, cheesy heaven. Use this Easy Vegan Tofu Ricotta anywhere you would use traditional, heart clogging, cholesterol-raising ricotta!
- 1 14 oz. block firm or extra firm tofu (NOT Silken)
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach (chopped or whole)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (depending on how “cheesy” you want your ricotta)
- 3 tbsp. Italian seasoning. Or (you can use 1 Tbsp. dried basil, 2 Tbsp. dried oregano)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Break tofu apart and put in food processor. Add lemon juice, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Blend until fairly smooth and ingredients are well combined.
- Add spinach and pulse 8-10 times or until spinach is chopped well and incorporated into ricotta. That’s it…you’re done.