- 1 1/2 cup walnuts (raw)
- 1 cup packed pitted dates (Medjool are best)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp creamy natural almond butter (only ingredients should be almonds and maybe a little salt)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts into a fine meal. Add the dates, cacao powder, vanilla, and almond butter. Pulse again until the mixture is moist and crumbly. If the mixture seems too dry and crumbly, keep processing until it is sticky enough to form into a ball.
- Using a measuring spoon or cookie scoop, spoon out 1 heaping Tbsp of the batter and roll into balls. Place each cake pop onto a lined baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 20-second increments until the chocolate is melted and there are no lumps.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cake pops and enjoy! (NOTE: If you plan on using any optional topping add those before the chocolate hardens.) You could also place the chocolate cake pops in the fridge for 30 minutes and allow the chocolate to set up and harden.
The cake pop mixture should be moist enough and not crumble when you roll it into a ball.
Do not overmix. You want the mixture to retain some texture.
If you want it a little sweeter you can add a little maple syrup before blending in the food processor.
You can create fun little treats for the kids simply by purchasing some cake pop sticks or lollipop sticks at any of the local craft stores.
Refrigerate the cake pops before drizzling them with chocolate. It helps them to keep their shape and not fall apart.
If the dates seem dry, soak them in water for five minutes, then drain thoroughly and pat dry with a paper towel before blending.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Set Up Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Vegan Snacks & Appetizers
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 cake pop
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 0.5 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan chocolate cake pops, plant-based snacks, vegan chocolate cake energy bites, oilfree, easy vegan recipes, no-bake