Homemade almond milk is easy to make, requires 2 ingredients, and is a much healthier alternative to dairy.
- 1 cup of raw almonds (soaked in water overnight)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Soak the almonds in water overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Usually about 1-2 minutes. This will ensure you get the most out of your almonds.
- Strain the almond milk using a nut milk bag or cheesecloth. Squeeze to extract all the liquid and discard the pulp or save for use in another recipe.
- Store in a glass milk jar or airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 4.8 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: how to make almond milk, homemade almond milk, recipe for almond milk, homemade almond milk recipe