Throw that box of pre-made pancake crap in the trash! These Homemade Peanut Butter Pancakes are way better and super easy to make. Made with whole ingredients they’re light, fluffy, healthy and absolutely delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 heaping Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 flax egg (link to instructions in step 3)
- 2 cups vegan “buttermilk” (instructions in step 2)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 heaping Tbsp. natural creamy or chunky peanut butter
Suggested Toppings (optional)
- maple syrup
- non-dairy chocolate chips
- Easy Vegan Bacon Bits
- Preheat nonstick skillet over medium heat. If you are using an electric griddle, heat to 350 degrees.
- Next, make the vegan buttermilk by adding 2 Tbsp. of white vinegar to the almond milk. Whisk lightly and let it set while you prepare the other ingredients. If you don’t have white vinegar, apple cider vinegar or lemon juice works just as well.
- Prepare your flax egg. Instructions here. (Don’t worry. It’s stupid simple and quick)
- Over a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, organic cane sugar, and salt.
- Pour in all your wet ingredients, except for the peanut butter, and whisk just enough to combine. Add the peanut butter and whisk to a “fluffy” consistency.
- Lightly spray your skillet or griddle with cooking spray and begin making the pancakes. I use 1/4 cup of batter per pancake, but you do your thing and make them as big as you want. DON’T MESS WITH THE PANCAKES WHILE THEY COOK. JUST CHILL OUT! Think about your woman, your dude, or maybe your dog. But, leave the pancakes alone to cook. Once the pancakes start to brown on the side and bubble just a bit in the center, then you can flip. And, you only flip once. That’s it!
- Finally, plate these bad boys ’cause it’s time to eat! Top them with maple syrup, chocolate chips, bananas or just eat them plain. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast