How to cook a sweet potato in the microwave. It’s the fastest and easiest way to cook sweet potatoes at home. 1 ingredient and perfect EVERY time! Vegan, oil-free, and gluten-free.
- 1 sweet potato
- Wash and pat dry the sweet potato. Pierce the sweet potato all over about 5-6 times with a fork.
- Place the sweet potato on a microwave-safe plate and cook for 2 1/2 minutes. Rotate with sweet potato and cook for 2 1/2 more minutes.
- If you can push a fork into the center with very little to no resistance the sweet potato is read. If you can’t simply cook in 30-second increments until it’s ready.
- Let the sweet potato rest for about 1 minute. The slice down the middle, fluff it up with a fork, and enjoy!
Add 2 minutes to the cooking time per sweet potato if cooking more than one potato. Follow the same directions.
In the unlikely event, you have leftover sweet potato, or you like to meal prep, you can store microwaved sweet potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Yes, you can totally eat the skin of cooked sweet potato and I suggest you do it. It’s loaded with lots of vitamins and minerals.
- Serving Size: 1 Sweet Potato
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 71.5 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.2 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: how to cook a sweet potato in the microwave, microwave a sweet potato, sweet potato in microwave, how to microwave a sweet potato