How to cook lentils perfectly every time! Lentils are so easy to make, inexpensive, delicious, and packed with protein and fiber. They’re the perfect addition to salads, side dishes, and more.
- 1 cup of green or brown lentils
- 3 cups of water
- Rinse the lentils under the faucet in a fine-mesh strainer. And, remove any debris and bad lentils.
- Combine the lentils and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the lentils are tender but not mushy.
- If there’s any excess water simply drain then let cool.
Store cooked lentils in a covered container up to 5 days in the fridge. And, up to 4 months in the freezer.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 2.9 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.4 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 11.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: how to cook lentils, lentils recipes, how do you cook lentils