Vegan Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are so easy to make and delicious! They’re rich, creamy, and ready to eat in as little as 20 minutes. Making mashed potatoes has never been simpler or quicker.
- 6–8 russet potatoes – washed, peeled, and roughly chopped into medium-sized chunks
- 1 cup of Easy Vegan Tofu Sour Cream or Cashew Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened oat milk or almond milk
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Put the steamer rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot, add 1 cup of water, and place all the potatoes into your pressure cooker. Place the lid on your instant pot, lock it, and set the valve to seal. Choose “Steam” and set the time for 12 minutes. Remember, it usually takes about 8-10 minutes for the IP to come to pressure.
- Once the timer goes off you simply do a “quick release” to remove the pressure from your Instant Pot. Unlock and remove the lid then transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the milk, add the garlic powder, and vegan sour cream. Then, use a potato masher and mash until everything is well combined and you get the consistency you want. My favorite method is to use my Kitchen-Aid Stand Mixer and whip them.
- Serve immediately!
Keywords: instant pot mashed potatoes vegan, instant pot mashed potatoes, instant pot, vegan mashed potatoes