This watermelon gazpacho recipe is perfect for hot summer days. A delicious blend of fruit and veggies, this cold summer soup is easy to make, healthy, and has the perfect balance of savory and sweet.
- 4 cups of fresh watermelon, cubed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by cubing the watermelon and remove the seeds if needed. Set aside 1 cup of the watermelon cubes for garnishing. Peel and chop the cucumber, tomatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, and garlic. Set aside a small portion of each if you wish to garnish.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the watermelon cubes, cucumber, tomatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, garlic, basil leaves, and mint leaves. Blend all of the ingredients until smooth and well combined. Add the red wine vinegar to the blender and blend again to incorporate them into the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper according to your taste preferences.
- Pour the gazpacho into a large bowl or individual serving bowls. Cover the bowl(s) and refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the flavors to meld and the gazpacho to chill. While the gazpacho is chilling, prepare the garnishes by finely dicing the reserved watermelon, cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion, basil, and mint leaves.
- Once chilled, remove the gazpacho from the refrigerator and give it a quick stir. Ladle the gazpacho into bowls and sprinkle the garnishes over the top.
- For an extra burst of flavor, you can add a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve the watermelon gazpacho immediately and savor its cool and refreshing taste.
Gazpacho can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Unfortunately, it does not freeze well.
Be sure and use a very ripe watermelon so the juice will be super sweet. A non-ripe watermelon tends to have a bitter aftertaste and a harder texture.
- Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 14.7 g
- Sodium: 9.2 mg
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: watermelon gazpacho, watermelon soup, cold soup, easy vegan recipes, summer recipes, easy plant-based recipes, gluten-free recipes