Oil-free Roasted Brussels Sprouts cooked in a delicious maple balsamic glaze. Sweet, salty, crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and delicious! It’s the perfect healthy snack or holiday side dish.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F˚.
- Trim off the end of the brussels sprouts, slice in half length-wise, and place the brussels sprouts into a large bowl. Add the veggie broth, season with a little salt & pepper, and toss to coat the sprouts.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the brussels sprouts cut-side down. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. While the sprouts cook mix together the balsamic vinegar, maple sryup, soy sauce, garlic powder, and set aside.
- When there’s about 5 minutes left for the sprouts to cook in the oven, preheat a nonstick skillet or cast iron skillet over medium heat. I prefer cast iron for this recipe.
- Remove the brussels sprouts from the oven and toss them into the skillet. Let them cook for about 1 minute and then pour the maple balsamic glaze over the sprouts. Toss to coat and let them cook for 5-10 minutes. You want the glaze to disappear and the brussles sprouts to carmelize and get that bit of “char” on them.
- Remove from heat and enjoy or serve as a side dish. It’s perfect for the holidays!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: roasted brussels sprouts, vegan, thanksgiving, Fall, vegetarian