- 1 15–ounce can of artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cups of raw cashews
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- For serving: 2-3 tablespoons vegan parmesan cheese.
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F and soak the cashews in hot water for 15-20 minutes or boil on the stove for 5 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat, roughly chop the artichokes, spinach, and onion then add them to the skillet. Cook until the spinach is wilted and the onion is slightly soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain the cashews and add them to your blender with the milk, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Taste and season with salt and black pepper as needed.
- Add the artichokes, spinach, and onion to a baking dish and pour the cashew cheese sauce over the top. Gently stir until everything is well combined. If there’s any sauce on the sides of the dish you can wipe it off before baking.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until it’s hot, bubbly, and starting to brown on top.
- Serve with Homemade Tortilla Chips, toasted baguette slices, sliced veggies, whole wheat crackers, or whole wheat pita.
- Top with vegan parmesan cheese and serve.
If you are trying to cut back on the salt, blend the cheese mixture together without it then taste and season with salt as needed.
Use only canned artichoke hearts in brine or water, not marinated artichoke hearts. Marinated artichoke hearts would be too strong for this recipe.
Use any type of UNSWEETENED non-dairy milk.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 40.5 mg
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan spinach artichoke dip, vegan spinach artichoke dip cashews