This homemade Strawberry Chia Jam is amazing! It’s quick and easy to make, requires only 3 INGREDIENTS, completely natural, and absolutely delicious.
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2–3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Place the strawberries in a small saucepan and warm over medium to medium-high heat. Stir the strawberries fairly often once they begin to heat up, reduce and bubble. This usually takes about 5-10 minutes. Then, use a potato masher, wooden spoon, or rubber spatula to mash the strawberries to the consistency you prefer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the maple syrup, and stir well to combine.
- Finally, add the chia seeds and stir until everything is well combined and begins to slightly thicken.
- Remove the jam from the heat completely and allow to cool to room temperature. The chia jam will thicken even more as it cools.
- Once it has cooled completely, stir one final time, and serve. Store in a glass jar in the fridge up to 10 days. You can also freeze this for a couple of months.
Add 1 Tbsp of lemon juice if you want your jam to be more tart.
- Category: Dips & Spreads
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: chia jam, strawberry jam, vegan, plant-based