The BEST Tofu Scramble recipe! An excellent plant-based alternative to scrambled eggs, it’s high in protein and so easy to make. Serve with sliced avocado, hot sauce, and oil-free roasted vegan breakfast potatoes for a truly amazing meal.
- 1 16-ounce block of extra firm tofu (Firm tofu may also be used)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Black salt to taste (optional, but recommended)
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Crumble the tofu by hand or place it directly into the hot pan and use a potato masher or fork to crumble it. Cook the tofu for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. You most of the water to be gone.
- Add the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, and turmeric. Stir until all the spices are well combined and the tofu starts to turn “yellow.” Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Pour in the Bragg’s Liquid Aminos and non-dairy milk, stir well, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional: Top with a pinch of black salt to taste to give it that eggy flavor, but use very sparingly as it is very strong.
- Serve with whole-grain toast, sliced avocado, salsa, fresh greens, oil-free roasted potatoes, or other favorite breakfast foods.
Black salt is usually coarse so I recommend putting it in a pepper grinder until you are ready to use it.
Unlike regular eggs, this vegan scramble can be stored and reheated. Simply place any leftovers in an airtight container and store your tofu scramble in the fridge for up to 1 week. It’s great for doubling the recipe so there’s breakfast for a couple of days.
Tofu scramble can be easily stored and reheated. Simply place any leftovers in an airtight container and store your tofu scramble in the fridge for up to 1 week. It’s great for doubling the recipe so there’s breakfast for a couple of days.
This tofu scramble can be frozen using a couple of different methods. 1) Cut the tofu into small pieces, place it in a freezer bag, freeze it, and then thaw it when you’re ready to make the breakfast scramble. You can keep it in the freezer for up to 5 months. 2) You can make your scramble then freeze it if you wish. The flavor won’t change, but the scramble will have a meatier, chewier texture.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 168.4 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 11.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: tofu scramble, vegan tofu scramble, tofu breakfast scramble, vegan breakfast scramble, tofu scramble recipe, tofu egg scramble