This simple Tomato Cucumber Salad recipe is bright, light, fresh, and delicious. It’s an easy summer salad made with English cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, crunchy red onion, and covered in a sweet and tangy oil-free dressing.
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced (I used a mandoline slicer)
For The Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the cucumber, tomatoes, and onion and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a separate small bowl and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Pour over the cukes, tomatoes, and onion. Toss well to coat.
- You can serve immediately but I think it’s best once it’s chilled in the fridge for 30 minutes.
If you don’t have an English cucumber regular cukes will work. But, I would scoop out the seeds and peel the cucumber.
- Category: Salads & Dressings
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: tomato cucumber salad, cucumber tomato salad, summer salad, oil-free, vegan recipes, plant-based recipes