Unfried Refried Beans! Fat-free, low-sodium, vegan and healthy. These unfried refried beans are perfect as a side dish or making your favorite party bean dip.
- 2 15-ounce cans pinto beans. (low-sodium or no salt added)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup of bean juice
- Drain and rinse pinto beans and save 1/4 cup of juice from beans for blending.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse a few times to combine the ingredients. Scrape down sides if needed, add a little of the saved bean juice and blend. Continue until you get desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to use. You can store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you don’t have a food processor use a potato masher to mash the beans then add your spices and combine.
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: beans, low-fat, refried beans, healthy