- 3/4 unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of whole pastry flour
- 1/4 cup of old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons organic cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Cinnamon Apple Topping
- 2 apples, cored and diced (Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, Braeburn, Gala, or Pink Lady)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch + 2 tablespoons of water
- Preheat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Whisk together the milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, sweetener, and cinnamon. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined, but don’t overmix. A few lumps are ok and the batter will be slightly thick.
- Spoon ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes until small bubbles form and the edges look a little dry. Flip with a spatula and cook for another 30 seconds or so. Set the pancakes aside as they cook and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Add the apples, maple syrup, lemon juice, and cinnamon to a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the liquid starts to boil and cook for 3-4 minutes until the apples become tender. Then, turn the heat down to low. Mix the cornstarch and water together then stir into the apples until the sauce thickens. Remove the topping from the heat.
- Serve the cinnamon apple topping over warm pancakes.
Don’t Over-mix! The whole key to fluffy pancakes is not over-mixing. Be sure and leave a few lumps in the batter.
Preheat: Be sure and let your pan completely heat before you cook your first pancake.
How To Store? You can store these pancakes in an airtight container or freezer bag in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the pancakes for up to 6 months by placing them in a freezer bag or airtight container. Be sure and thaw completely in the fridge before reheating.
Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, Pink Lady, or Gala apples tend to work best when baking or cooking with apples. You want to use apples that are fairly firm.
Use a measuring cup for your batter when cooking your pancakes. That way you will get pancakes that are basically the same size.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 2 Pancakes
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 36.9 g
- Sodium: 57.6 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 81.7 g
- Fiber: 8.6 g
- Protein: 6.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: apple cinnamon filling, oil-free pancakes, vegan pancakes, fluffy vegan pancakes, apple cinnamon pancakes, vegan apple cinnamon pancakes, vegan breakfast recipes, fall recipes, holiday recipes