Vegan buffalo tofu wings are the perfect appetizer, game day snack, or comfort food. Covered in a crunchy panko bread crumb mixture then tossed in a hot and spicy buffalo sauce, they’re baked to crispy perfection and completely oil-free.
- Preheat your oven to 420˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the tofu into 6 equal width-wise slabs. Then slice each of those pieces lengthwise into 3 slices. You should end up with 18 tofu sticks.
- Set out three separate bowls: To the first bowl add the corn starch, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper and mix together. Pour the milk into the second small bowl. And, to the third small bowl add the panko bread crumbs and Italian seasoning, and gently toss.
- Take each tofu wing and coat in the flour, then the milk, and finally coat in the panko bread crumbs. Place each breaded tofu stick onto the prepared baking sheet and repeat until finished.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. The tofu wings will be a light golden brown. Feel free to bake them a little longer if you wish just don’t burn them.
- Remove the tofu wings and add them to a large mixing bowl, pour the buffalo sauce over the baked tofu wings, and gently toss until all of the tofu wings are covered. Place the tofu back onto the baking sheet, return to the oven, and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Serve these bad boys with celery sticks, vegan ranch dressing, or vegan blue cheese dressing.
Super firm tofu is the BEST tofu to use. It’s vacuumed sealed and requires no pressing.
Be sure and season your tofu with the ingredients listed or other spices you might prefer. Tofu is a flavor adapter so not seasoning would leave it really bland.
Try adding some vegan parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs for an extra depth of flavor.
Cut the tofu into small pieces and make buffalo tofu nuggets or crispy buffalo tofu bites. These are excellent for topping salads and make great party food.
Buffalo tofu wings are a great sandwich filling. Toast some whole grain bread, a little lettuce, and tomato, stack your vegan wings high, then cover it with some vegan ranch dressing for one amazing sandwich.
If buffalo sauce is too spicy for your taste try some different sauces like my DIY Barbecue Sauce.
Use any leftover buffalo sauce to baste your tofu as it comes out of the oven. Oh, baby!
- Serving Size: 3 Wings
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 450.7 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 10.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: buffalo tofu wings, crispy baked buffalo tofu wings, buffalo tofu nuggets, buffalo tofu, buffalo tofu recipe, healthy recipe, vegan recipes