Learn how to make Vegan Buttermilk in 2 minutes. It’s so easy and requires only 2 ingredients. Perfect for pancakes, biscuits, cookies, and all kinds of recipes.
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk or soy milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (you can also use white vinegar or lemon juice)
- Combine almond milk and vinegar, and whisk together.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken and curdle.
- Use as a buttermilk substitute in recipes.
This vegan buttermilk recipe ratio is 1:1 (1 cup milk to 1 Tbsp acid). So, if you only need a 1/2 cup for your recipe it would be 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice.
Store any leftover in a jar with a lid or airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 42
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 186.3 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan buttermilk, how to make vegan buttermilk