Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 3/4 unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (low-sodium)
- 2 teaspoons organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)
To Make The Pancakes
- Preheat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Whisk together the milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, sweetener, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and stir until everything is well combined, but don’t over mix. A few lumps are ok and the batter might be slightly thick. Let the batter rest for at least 5 minutes to set up.
- Add the grated carrots, walnuts, and raisins then stir to combine.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet and cook for about 1 minute until small bubbles form and the edges look a little dry. Flip with a spatula and cook for another 30 seconds or so. Set the pancakes aside as they cook and repeat with the remaining batter. (If making the cream cheese frosting proceed to the next step.)
- Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting: place the cashews, coconut, milk, maple syrup, and lemon juice in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Serve the carrot cake pancakes with cashew cream cheese frosting, shredded carrots, chopped walnuts, and warm maple syrup.
Nutrition info is for pancakes only and does not include the cream cheese frosting.
Don’t over mix the pancake batter or the pancakes will be too dense.
Use oat flour or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pancake Mix to make these pancakes gluten-free.
Be sure and let your skillet completely heat up.
Leave out the walnuts if you want to lower the fat.
Allow the batter to rest for at least 5 minutes before making the carrot cake pancakes. This will help to lighten up and give you fluffy pancakes.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 12.5 g
- Sodium: 68.4 mg
- Fat: 8.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.4 g
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 7.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan carrot cake pancakes, oil-free, vegan breakfast recipes, plant-based breakfast recipes, easy vegan breakfast recipes