Easy Vegan Corn Chowder with no dairy or cream! Made in one pot with sweet corn and potatoes, this vegan corn chowder is hearty, creamy, sweet, smoky, and delicious. Gluten-free, oil-free, and ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Yukon gold potato, diced
- 2 15-ounce cans of sweet whole kernel corn (no salt added or low-sodium)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (optional for extra sweetness)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onion, extra corn kernels, and chopped bell pepper
- Preheat a large dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat.
- Toss in the onion and cook until they are soft. Add the garlic, celery, and potatoes, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the corn, red pepper, celery seed, smoked paprika, and stir. Cook until the potatoes are slightly softened, usually about 5 minutes. You can add a little of the broth or water to prevent sticking if needed.
- Pour in the red wine vinegar, vegetable broth, coconut milk, and maple syrup. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer half of the chowder to a blender, let it cool for a couple of minutes and blend until it’s creamy. Pour the mixture back into the pot and stir until everything is well combined.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Garnish and serve
Keywords: easy corn chowder, vegetarian corn chowder, creamy corn chowder recipe, old fashioned corn chowder