This Vegan Lentil Soup recipe is THE BEST, ever! It’s an easy 1-pot recipe stuffed with potatoes, carrots, celery, and fresh greens. Packed with plant-based protein and fiber, this lentil soup recipe is thick, hearty, filling, and so delicious. It’s the perfect meal prep idea or weekday meal.
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups of potatoes cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 can low-sodium or no salt added green beans
- 1 1/2 cups of dry green or brown lentils
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 6 cups of water or low-sodium vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2–3 handfuls of spinach or kale
- Preheat a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Toss in the carrots, onion, celery, and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onions are soft. You can add a little water if needed to prevent sticking if needed.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, lentils, Italian seasoning, and veggie broth. Stir well, bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- 2-3 minutes before the soup is ready to serve, add in the greens, stir, and let cook until the greens wilt. Taste and adjust flavor with salt and pepper as needed.
- Enjoy as-is or serve with Brown Rice or hearty Whole Wheat Beer Bread.
Instant Pot: Add all of the ingredients, except for the spinach, to the pressure cooker. Lock the lid, set the valve to the “sealed” position, and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Once the soup has finished cooking you can do a MANUAL release or allow the pressure to release naturally. Unlock the lid, add the greens, season with salt and pepper, stir, and serve.
Slow Cooker: Add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker, except for the spinach, cover with the lid, and cook on high for 4 or on low for 8 hours. Once you are ready to serve, add your greens, season with salt and pepper, stir, and serve.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 210.1 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.1 g
- Fiber: 12.5 g
- Protein: 14.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: easy vegan lentil soup recipe, everyday lentil soup, green lentil soup recipe, lentil soup recipe, oil free lentil soup, vegan lentil soup recipes, vegan no oil lentil soup recipe