This Vegan Pie Crust is tender and so easy to make. Made in 1 bowl with only 4 ingredients and ready in about 15 minutes. Perfect for sweet or savory pies.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (144 g)
- 1/2 cup organic unbleached flour (63 g)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (60 g)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (omit for savory pies)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp water
- Add the almond flour, organic unbleached flour (may sub whole wheat pastry flour), tapioca flour, and salt to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and the maple syrup(if using). Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to stir until everything is combined. Slowly add the next 2 Tbsp of water and mix until you reach the right consistency. If the dough still seems a little dry add 1 tsp. of water at a time. You want the dough to be damp, but not super sticky. Continue to use the spatula or spoon until you need to use your hands to finish the dough and shape it into a ball.
- Form the dough into a disc shape and place it on a lightly floured surface or piece of parchment paper. Cover the dough with another piece of parchment paper and roll it out until it’s wide enough to cover your pie dish.
- Gently lift the dough and place it into the pie dish and begin to lightly press the dough into the dish. Trim off the edges and any broken pieces.
- Use right away or place in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. Simply double the recipe if you have a recipe that calls for two pie crusts.
This is not one of my original recipes. This pie crust was inspired by one of my favorite vegan food bloggers, Lori Rasmussen at My Quiet Kitchen.
Make this recipe gluten free by replacing the wheat flour with gluten free baking flour or fine oat flour.
If you wish to freeze the pie crust simply prepare it according to the recipe, place it in a freezer bag, and store it in the freezer. It will keep for several months.
Nutrition info is for one slice of the pie crust.
Keywords: vegan pie crust, vegan pie crust recipe, recipe for vegan pie crust, vegan pie crust gluten free