- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (can also sub 1 Tbsp garlic powder)
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup cut frozen green beans
- 2 cans low-sodium or no salt added red kidney beans
- 1 28-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes (plain are fine as well)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1–2 cups water (or as needed to cover ingredients)
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1–2 cups of pasta shells or macaroni pasta (I prefer 2 becasue I like more pasta)
- 2 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a large pot over medium heat. Once the pot is ready add the chopped onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, celery, carrots and sauté until the onions are soft. Usually about 5-6 minutes.
- Then, add the green beans and and kidney beans and toss with the everything until well combined.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, veggie stock, water, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup. Let the minestrone soup come to a boil then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes. Add the pasta and cook for another 10 minutes or until the pasta is soft.
- Finally, add the chopped kale, stir, and mix well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Set the Instant Pot to “saute” and once it’s hot, add the chopped onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, celery, and carrots. Cook until the onions are soft.
- Turn the Instant Pot off and add all the remaining ingredients, except for the kale, and give a quick stir. Lock the lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Once the timer goes off let the Instant Pot sit for 10 minutes then release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock the lid and add the kale. Give it a stir and let sit until the kale begins to wilt, usually about 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Use gluten free pasta and tamari sauce to make this dish gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 30 mins.
- Category: One Bowl
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 374 mg
- Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.3 g
- Fiber: 10.2 g
- Protein: 8.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegetarian minestrone soup, vegan minestrone soup, soup recipes, vegan, healthy, holiday, Christmas, winter, one pot