- Open the bag of coleslaw mix and empty it into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl add the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and celery seeds. Whisk everything together until well combined.
- Pour the sauce over the coleslaw and toss until completely covered. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- For best results let the slaw chill for at least an hour in the fridge or optimally overnight. But, it can be served immediately if desired.
Let the slaw sit in the fridge overnight. It’s better the next day.
Use a pre-packaged coleslaw mix and add some chopped red cabbage and extra carrots for a nice pop of color.
Celery seed can be a bit strong. So, if you’re new to this seasoning I would add half the amount at first. Then taste and add more if you like.
- Prep Time: 5 mins.
- Chill Time: 60 mins.
- Category: Vegan Side Dish Recipes
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 160.2 mg
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.4 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vinegar slaw, carolina coleslaw, vinegar dressing, vegan coleslaw recipe