Avocado-stuffed tomatoes with raisins are a delicious and healthy summer side dish. Made with juicy ripe tomatoes, fresh avocado, raisins, and fresh herbs this recipe is so easy and perfect as a salad, side dish, or appetizer. Vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free!
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut off the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds and pulp with a spoon. Set the tomato shells aside.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and mash until it’s fairly smooth but still has some chunks for texture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the avocado, raisins, parsley, cilantro, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Season the avocado stuffing mixture with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spoon the avocado mixture into the tomato shells.
- Place the stuffed tomatoes on a serving plate and garnish with extra parsley and cilantro, if desired.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Leftovers can be placed in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. But, this recipe is best enjoyed fresh.
- Serving Size: 1 tomato
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 9.7 g
- Sodium: 14 mg
- Fat: 10.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.2 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: avocado-stuffed tomatoes, stuffed tomatoes, healthy, plant-based recipes, easy vegan recipes, salad, side dish