This avocado tomato and basil sandwich is healthy, delicious, and easy to make. Simple, yet filling, it’s the perfect lunch on a hot summer day.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Optional: lemon juice or balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- 4 slices of whole-grain bread
- Toast the bread, if you wish, to your liking, but it’s delicious as a cold sandwich.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh and mash it in a small bowl with a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the tomato into thin rounds.
- Wash and dry the basil leaves, and set them aside.
- Spread the mashed avocado on one slice of toast.
- Place the tomato slices on top of the avocado.
- Add a few basil leaves on top of the tomato slices.
- If you like, you can add a drizzle of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar on top of the basil leaves.
- Cover with the other slice of bread.
- Cut the sandwich in half and enjoy!
This sandwich is best served fresh because it will get soggy if it sits around.
If you’re taking this sandwich to go, wrap it in foil or parchment paper to keep it fresh.
Season the avocado before you spread it on the bread so all the flavors are evenly distributed.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 230.4 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.6 g
- Fiber: 8.7 g
- Protein: 8.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: tomato avocado sandwich, tomato sandwich, avocado sandwich, plant-based recipes, easy vegan recipes, lunch