The BEST Vegan Biscuit Recipe! These easy homemade biscuits are easy to make and free from any dairy or oil. You need a few simple ingredients, 1 bowl, and less than 30 minutes. Healthy, wholesome, and delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 450 F˚
- Mix the almond milk with the apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk together until everything is well combined.
- Gently cut the applesauce into the flour mixture with a whisk or fork. You’re going for a crumbly mixture that has little lumpy bits.
- Using a large wooden spoon, slowly fold in the milk and apple cider mixture until the dough is sticky. Be gentle! The less the dough is “handled” the better. Do not over mix.
- Grab a handful of flour and sprinkle on your counter top. Drop the biscuit dough onto the floured surface. Sprinkle more flour onto the dough and flour your rolling pin (or whatever you’re using to roll out dough).
- Gently roll, pat, or press dough out to 1/2″ thickness. Again, being gentle is key!
- Use a jar, small drinking glass, or biscuit cutter of desired size to cut biscuits.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and layout biscuits until they are almost touching.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until the tops are golden.
Don’t be afraid to be generous when flouring your counter top and the dough before rolling out.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: homemade biscuits, vegan buttermilk biscuits, healthy breakfast recipes, oil-free, vegan breakfast recipes